A perfect mixture of versatility and features clearly defines the Makita mac5200 electric air compressor.
With the folding 2-tool storage handle and fifty- feet (50’) of 3/8” on-board air hose storage, the Makita mac5200 is the ideal air compressor for any construction site.
Designed for the professional contractor, the Makita mac5200 produces an impressive 140psi of power, capable of handling two nailers throughout the day.
Engineered for increased recovery times with less noise omission, the Makita mac5200 was designed for ease-of-use in combination with leading-edge innovation of the Makita Tool Corporation, a trusted and well-respected name for generations.
Performance with a Capital “P”
The Makita mac5200 is equipped with a 3hp, “big-bore” engineered single-stage pump cylinder and piston for higher overall output performance. Cast iron cylinders allow for maximum bore with increased compression and superior durability with recovery times of less than 2-1/2 to 3 minutes.
The finned discharge tubing of the Makita mac5200 for allows greater heat dissipation and less moisture omission for dependable operation in all weather conditions. The Makita mac5200 runs cooler, quieter with continual oil-lubrication technology, reducing excessive wear on internal pump and cylinder components.
With a slightly different styling, The Makita mac5200 is unique, distinguishable and performs with a capital “P”. you can also learn Best Airbrush Compressor For Miniature Painting buying guide.
Stylistic Features of the Makita MAC5200
Beyond the overall life-long performance of the Makita mac5200, the features offered on this powerful air compressor are convincing evidence to the quality and forward thinking of the Makita Tool Corporation.
Inclusive features of this well-built air compressor include:
- Built-in storage compartment for storage of fittings and accessories.
- Air hose wrap with storage of up to fifty-feet (50’) of 3/8” air hose.
- Rugged, pneumatic dual wheels for ease of mobility.
- Handle mounted tool hangars, keeps air nailers off floors.
- Large automotive industrial air filter for increased air intake.
- Oil sight glass for fast, easy and efficient maintenance.
- Lever handle ball valve tank drain with improved styling for easier and compete tank drain.
- Convenient oil drain at the front of the pump for easy maintenance access.
- Built-in thermal overload for additional motor protection.
- Low amp draws on initial start-up reducing voltage drops and tripped breakers.
- One-year limited warranty on parts and labor.
The Makita mac5200 air compressor continues to be a popular choice of professional contractors. Offering greater operating efficiency with a reduction of operating and overhead costs, the Makita mac5200 assures unparalleled performance.
The low profile storage of the Makita mac5200 requires less room for storage. With folding tubular handle, the Makita mac5200 quickly converts from mobile into a working unit within seconds.
The locking tubular handle is designed for even weight distribution during transport and mobility on job sites, with a padded grip and secure locking mechanism to prevent accidental collapse. Integrated roll cage construction, protects the large 5.2 Makita mac5200 gallon tank and compressor from falling debris with the shrouded controlled mounted shield.
Controls are centrally located, within easy reach of the operator, with an adjustable regulator and easy-to-read dual gauges.
Comments from the Professionals
With thousands of Makita mac5200 air compressors used by professional contractors on a daily basis, there remains very little negativism, however increasing supportive recommendations from the pros.
Here is what one owner had to say about the Makita MAC5200 3.0 HP Air Compressor:
“This Big Bore Compressor does everything I need for pneumatic tools at my home shop. It is easy to move around with the wheels and handle. The noise level is alot quieter than any oil free design. I ran a new 30amp, 10Ga Wire Circuit just for this compressor and it runs great.” (Teresa B)
Where all tools on a job site are often subjected to unintentional punishment and treatment, the Makita mac5200 withstands a variety of harsh conditions without failure or interruption of work to be completed.
- Cool running pump with a significant reduction of internal engine wear, increasing longevity.
- Quiet operation, when compared to other similar models with noise levels of 90 dB.
- Cast iron construction makes the Makita mac5200 one of the most durable air compressors on the market.
- Requires maintenance due to oil-lubricated motor.
- Increased weight.
- Increased overall cost.
Working with a variety of tools on a daily basis, the minor maintenance required on the Makita mac5200 involves only periodic changing of the oil. Granted, the Makita mac5200 is perhaps slightly heavier than other similar models, however, quality is predominately noticeable in a variety of ways.
With current ratings of 4.3 stars out of a possible 5 star total on the online site, Amazon, the Makita mac5200 is undoubtedly the “premier air compressor” for the professional. With savings up to 40% off suggested manufacturer’s retail pricing guides on Amazon, the Makita mac5200 is indisputably one true “blue” winner.